< back to blog home

Whats needed to get started?

Marty McDonald - Wednesday, November 09, 2016

If you are ready to take action, you will need to compile this list of essential documents for review:

If you receive PAYG income
  • Last 2 pay slips 
  • 2015-2016 PAYG payment summary 
If you are Self-employed (or a director of any companies)
  • Last 2 years Personal income Tax Return and corresponding notice of assessment 
  • Last 2 years business tax returns 
  • Last 2 years Business financial statements i.e. profit/loss and balance sheet
Rental income
  • 1 of these
  • Letter of proposed rental income from real estate agent (investment property)
  • Current lease agreement showing rental income
  • Managing agent statements 
  • Bank statements showing last 3 months rental deposits. Must clearly show either property details or tenants name 
Existing debts & main bank account
  • Latest statement for all home and investment loans.
  • Latest months main bank account statement where majority of income gets deposited to.
Fact Find 
About the Author: Marty McDonald is principal of mortgage broker “Mortgage Experts”. Marty specialises in assisting active property investors with loan structuring advice and implementation as well as helping credit worthy borrowers with slightly outside the box income and employment situations. Find Marty on  and LinkedIn.

How can we help you

Need help finding a service or solution?